See an ad you like? Your clicks help support our site, thank you!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, April 16, 2011

How I got $71.50 worth of stuff for $11.50 today!

(click photo to enlarge)

Today, my mom and I had a little couponing/freebie experiment and I got all of the stuff you see above for only about $11.50!  Normally, that would have cost over $70.

Here's a break down:

The first aid kits were only 44 cents total after coupon (great for carrying in your purse)

The toothpaste was only 7 cents.

The lighters were FREE with coupon.

And how did I score $66 worth of Bath and Body Works products for $11?

3 coupons for FREE 2oz bottles of their new lotion, 'Into the Wild'.  One redeemed by me, two redeemed by my daughters.

Then I had a coupon that would give me a free item worth up to $5, with ANY purchase.  So I bought a little bottle of their new lotion scent, which was on sale for $1 instead of $3.50.  Then for my FREE item, I got a $5 bottle of lotion (bottom middle of pic)

After that purchase, they gave me a coupon for a free item up to $12, with any $10 purchase, so I turned right around and used it!  The 2oz bottles of their new scent were on sale for $1 each instead of the usual $3.50.  I bought ten of those, bringing my total for that transaction to $10, and allowing me to get a FREE Signature Collection item (middle of photo).  So I got the $12 bottle of body cream for free.  

Yup, all that awesome B&BW lotion for 11 bucks!

To top it all off, it was all technically completely free.  I paid for it with a $25 American Express card that I got for free, bwahahahaa!  Zero money out of pocket.  Yup, happy camper here, lol.  

Here's what my mom got:

She used the same coupons.  Got one free bottle of their new lotion.  Bought another bottle of it for $1 and got a free $5 bottle in a different scent.  Then instead of getting 10 little bottles like I did, for $10, she got 3 of the $5 bottles, that were on sale 3/$10.  So that made her transaction $10, and she got herself a free big Signature Collection lotion for it.  Overall, she also spent only $11 at Bath and Body works, and just 51 cents for her other items.

It was a GREAT day and we LOVE our memberships to That Free Thing!!!




0 comments: