See an ad you like? Your clicks help support our site, thank you!

Follow by Email

Followers

There was an error in this gadget
Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, April 16, 2011

How I got $71.50 worth of stuff for $11.50 today!

(click photo to enlarge)

Today, my mom and I had a little couponing/freebie experiment and I got all of the stuff you see above for only about $11.50!  Normally, that would have cost over $70.

Here's a break down:

The first aid kits were only 44 cents total after coupon (great for carrying in your purse)

The toothpaste was only 7 cents.

The lighters were FREE with coupon.

And how did I score $66 worth of Bath and Body Works products for $11?

3 coupons for FREE 2oz bottles of their new lotion, 'Into the Wild'.  One redeemed by me, two redeemed by my daughters.

Then I had a coupon that would give me a free item worth up to $5, with ANY purchase.  So I bought a little bottle of their new lotion scent, which was on sale for $1 instead of $3.50.  Then for my FREE item, I got a $5 bottle of lotion (bottom middle of pic)

After that purchase, they gave me a coupon for a free item up to $12, with any $10 purchase, so I turned right around and used it!  The 2oz bottles of their new scent were on sale for $1 each instead of the usual $3.50.  I bought ten of those, bringing my total for that transaction to $10, and allowing me to get a FREE Signature Collection item (middle of photo).  So I got the $12 bottle of body cream for free.  

Yup, all that awesome B&BW lotion for 11 bucks!

To top it all off, it was all technically completely free.  I paid for it with a $25 American Express card that I got for free, bwahahahaa!  Zero money out of pocket.  Yup, happy camper here, lol.  

Here's what my mom got:

She used the same coupons.  Got one free bottle of their new lotion.  Bought another bottle of it for $1 and got a free $5 bottle in a different scent.  Then instead of getting 10 little bottles like I did, for $10, she got 3 of the $5 bottles, that were on sale 3/$10.  So that made her transaction $10, and she got herself a free big Signature Collection lotion for it.  Overall, she also spent only $11 at Bath and Body works, and just 51 cents for her other items.

It was a GREAT day and we LOVE our memberships to That Free Thing!!!




0 comments: