See an ad you like? Your clicks help support our site, thank you!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Newbie Couponer Success

So, I just began couponing with my mom a few weeks ago, and wanted to put it all together to see how well we've done so far for our families and friends.  WHEW!  I am amazed!  You ready for this?!

Total before coupons, sales, and ad-matching for everything you see below:  $631.76
Total out of pocket:  $31.31

Ummm... WOW!!!  That's a savings of about 95 percent.

Total before coupons/sales:  $70
Total out of pocket:  $11.50

Total before coupons:  $60
Total out of pocket:  $13.39

Total before coupons:  $60.76
Total after coupons:  -$16.89 (Yup, they PAID me!)  

Total before coupons and sales:  $64.68
Total out of pocket:  $3.16

Total before coupons, sales, rollbacks, etc:  Over $100
Total out of pocket:  
$7.93


Total before coupons:  $41.87
Total out of pocket: $3.18

Total before coupons and ad-matching: $71.46
Total out of pocket: -$4.89 (yup, got PAID on these items)

Total before coupons:  $32.50
Total out of pocket:  $4.38

Total before coupons:  $23.94
Total out of pocket: $4

Total before sales and coupons: $32.55
Total out of pocket:  $3.55

Total before coupons:  About $57
Total out of pocket:  $2

Total before coupons:  About $17
Total out of pocket:  ZERO!






2 comments:

connie said...

Thats amazing hun, but question I bet we all would like to know lol where in the world do you get all your coupons? I cant ever seem to find any worth keeping:-( and am really wanting to get this coupon thing down. PLZ HELP lol

That Freebie Place said...

Coupons come from newspaper inserts, online printables, AllYou magazine, etc.

You may look at a coupon and think it's not great, but the key is to pair it up with another coupon (like pair a manufacturer coupon with a store coupon) and/or a sale. If you spend some time, you can learn how to do this and how to find those deals :-)

My mom and I have a system worked out. She doesn't have much time, I don't have much money, lol. So she buys the papers and prints the ocupons, and we carpool in her vehicle for our shopping trips. I'm the one that spends my time finding the deals and kinda planning out our trips the best I can.

You can ask friends/family/neighbors for their papers when they are done with them, take the inserts, and then recycle the rest. Some couponers also get theirs (with permission) from Recycling Centers and/or collection bins. Another option is to just buy your coupons or inserts online. If you use them right, you'll be saving tons more than you're spending. Everyone just needs to find what works best for them :-) Or you can just buy one or a few newspapers a week, depending on your family's needs. Between us, we have a very large family, so we coupon on a large scale.

Hang out on my page :-) When I make a couponing trip, I usually break down the details for all of you. It's all either in my albums or on my blog. I often post good couponing deals here on the page too, so keep an eye out for those.

I also recommend taking some time to do a lot of reading and watching videos. It is some work up front, but once you learn it you can use it forever!

Check out The Krazy Coupon Lady, The Coupon Wizards, Extreme Savings with Diva Desirae, and We Use Coupons.

Check out their fb pages, blogs, videos, forums, etc. Learn, learn, learn! It may be confusing at first, but the more you do it, the better and quicker you will get. We haven't been doing this very long at all and as you can see it has already gone well :-) Drop by and ask questions any time. I'm not a pro, but if I can't help you myself I can probably point you towards some answers ♥